From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.0.2 RPM on epel-couchdb.repo
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 18:53:36 GMT
While (I believe) fedora has a newer libcurl, building for CentOS-5 will
require including a newer libcurl (probably breaks packaging guidelines) or
applying a couple backports to build without it.

https://github.com/apache/couchdb/commit/df7ac1368da214ef114d7716421d6e03011af947

on trunk, but incomplete and needs this (which I will try to get someone to
commit really soon):
https://github.com/tilgovi/couchdb/commit/0185faa2150f072a8c71b03325424c20e24c3eab

Also, Peter, I made a stripped down spec based on 1.0.1 that removes some
redundant stuff in the install phase and I think I cleaned up the deps a
little bit. If you're curious, get in touch with me directly and we can
compare notes.

-Randall