From Aaron Boxer <boxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: interested in learning about replication algorithm
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:30:37 GMT
Interesting. Thanks!

How do version ids get generated?  How do the different nodes
avoid version id collision; i.e. two nodes updating a document with the
same version id?

  --Aaron

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Robert Dionne
<dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
> This WIKI page[1] is largely accurate and a good place to start in terms of understanding
the model. Currently we're close to having a new replicator in trunk, so if you want to read
the code I'd start with that one. Neither the new nore old replicators are well documented
in terms of the relationships with the rest of the system, so depending on your erlang knowledge
you may also need to ask lots of questions in #couchdb