From Zdravko Gligic <zgli...@gmail.com>
Subject Embeddable CouchDB
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 03:03:02 GMT
Folks,

I am building an Adobe AIR application and it really hurts even to
think about using its embedded SQLite, instead of CouchDB because of
the app's need for client/server replication. Then I read how CouchDB
is avilable on Android and mobile devices and right of simplicity of
installation comes to mind - being deployed to such non geekish
masses.  Then I read something about Jan's CouchDBX.

So, just how difficult would it be to come up with a set of command
prompt runnable utilities that I could invoke from Adobe AIR or any
desktop application, that would kickstart an install of CouchDB if it
is not already installed and then would start whatever [service]
processes are required to keep it running and usable from my AIR app ?

Can CouchDB be installed to any Windows folder?
Are there any registries or anything else that is updated?
What about Erlang and its installation?
What else is happening in current CouchOne binary install?

Thanks a log,
Teslan