From sleepnova <wanpee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About CouchDB_replication_protocol
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 06:22:40 GMT
2011/2/17 Aaron Boxer <boxerab@gmail.com>:
> I'm game. I think even simply documenting the replication algorithm in
> great detail would be a big win.

Sorry, I'm not a native speaker. What do you mean by your're game?

> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:22, Aaron Boxer <boxerab@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey Sleepnova,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to do something similar. Will your app be OSS?

What things are you trying to do? Is there any chance that we can
collaborate in someway?

>> Even if it's not you two should collaborate on making an OSS
>> replication implementation, licensed such that you can both depend on
>> it.
>> I think that'd be a really nice contribution to the community.

Yes...
The app I'm doing is not an open source project, but it would be great
to separate the data store and replicator parts to be an open source
project. I'm now trying to make a trivial/minimal workable version for
my use case. It would be great for anyone interested in this goal to
collaborate and share some useful information about the replication
implementation detail.

>>> Cheers,
>>> Aaron

--