From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: new couch user: "denormalizing" using views? General application architecture suggestions?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 17:29:19 GMT
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 18:14, Michael Kohout <mwkohout@gmail.com> wrote:
> What does the couch community think of this?  Is there some other pattern
> that might result in a simpler system?

Simple system: use SQL JOINs to fetch all the data for each document
you want in CouchDB, then batch-load those into CouchDB (per few k
documents) as the rows come in from the RDBMS.

I'm not sure why you'd want to do it some other way? This is the way
I've done it a few times, though admittedly on smaller databases. I
don't think your idea for doing joins in a view is particularly
feasible, though there are things you can do here.

Cheers,

Dirkjan