From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: Replication and security advice sought
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 15:51:08 GMT
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 16:44, Robert Johnson <robert@rowanshire.net> wrote:
> Advice and guidance would be very gratefully received, but please bear in mind that whilst
I am a pretty good application developer, my networking knowledge generally and proxy / firewall
knowledge specifically is limited to principals and not practice so if you could explain the
details of any suggestions in detail at a "put this line in this file" type level I would
be eternally grateful.

Or you could use a VPN (virtual private network; an encrypted channel
tunneled over the internet). We use OpenVPN to do CouchDB replications
over the internet at work. It's free and fairly easy to set up.

Cheers,

Dirkjan