From Nikolai Teofilov <n.teofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WinCouch
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:58:02 GMT
Hei Jan,

I compile it with wrong switch for all platforms but the GeckoFX is compiled only for x86
so it crashes on x64 systems. I have already upload another zip file where I fixed the problem
and now it should work as win32 on both x64 and x86 platforms.

Here is the link: https://github.com/downloads/koleto/WinCouch/WinCouch-1.0.zip
I will commit tonight the source on the https://github.com/koleto/WinCouch.

I also reduce the size of the CouchDB binary. The @Dave binaries of the couch 1.0.2 are quite
stable so far so i think they could be the next official win release.

The WinCouch should work with any win CouchDB release.
I am going to put an easy way to configure the start url and the windows form size so it will
be quite useful for development of couchapps on windows with HTML5. On can hide any part of
the GUI so that at the end you can get embedded in FF couchapp in a win form.
The code is very simple actually nothing special except some small tricks to stop the Erlang
shell and embed GeckoFX.
I was just curious if there will be enough interest to keep working on this project.

Cheers,
Nikolai

On 14.02.2011, at 13:23, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> Nikolai,
>
> On 14 Feb 2011, at 01:14, Nikolai Teofilov wrote:
>

>> I have been working on similar stuff so it took me less time to implement @Dave idea
instead to find a way to replay to the original thread.

>> Here I put a kind of very early beta based on 1.0.2 binaries from @Dave and GeckoFX
as a warper fro FF:

>> https://github.com/downloads/koleto/WinCouch/WinCouch-v1.0.zip
>>

> This is awesome, thanks! :)
>
> I tried giving it a shot in a Windows 7 x64 VM here and it didn't launch with the rather
helpful message "Stopped Working". I tried digging for details, but I couldn't find anything.
If you know where to look, let me know :)