From "Timothy Shead" <tsh...@sandia.gov>
Subject Alternate Authentication Mechanisms
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 18:42:24 GMT
I'm interested in hearing about any alternatives to the current
authentication mechanisms in CouchDB.  In particular, I'd like to bypass
the _users database to base authentication and access control on
existing directories of user and group information (LDAP, Kerberos, or
what-have-you).  Any experience out there?

In an ideal world, I'd love to have some sort of "external auth"
mechanism that would be comparable to the current external processes,
making it possible to implement authentication logic in any language /
use whatever libraries are available.  Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy M. Shead