From Martin Hilbig <blueo...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: External process - Having trouble Half the time
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2011 16:40:58 GMT
hi,

On 13.02.2011 16:55, Amine BENHAMZA wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> I'm working to launch an external process (ruby script) from couchdb. Half
> the time, I have this error : "error":"{noproc,{gen_server,call, (i omit the
> rest). The full log is here : https://gist.github.com/824762
>
> I'm launching the external process this way :
> http://127.0.0.1:5984/trends_monitoring3/_rts
>
> The code I'm running aims to add a Job to Resque queue (
> https://github.com/defunkt/resque) as done below :
>
> STDOUT.puts "{" + '"code":200' + "," +
> '"headers":{"Content-Type":"Content-Type"}' + "," + '"json":{}' + "}"

i don't know whether this is a problem, but are you sure to set a
Content-Type header with value Content-Type not application/json? but
then you send a json body, i think you can simple omit the header.

on the other hand your log suggests, that the caller expects
text/html/xml but not json, so maybe you want to change the "json":{} to
"body":"".

the last point: this script exits after it handled one request right?
but couchdb expects the _external to continue running and handlich more
requests, so you should put some loop around your code.

others maybe would also suggest to use the _changes api instead ;)

have fun
martin