From Christian Polzer <ch...@hai-fai.de>
Subject Re: Replication and security advice sought
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 15:56:02 GMT
Yes,

I was just writing an answer when the vpn suggestion came up. I think using Tink would be
a nice approach: http://tinc-vpn.org/

You can also build a meshed VPN with tink, so you get failover as well. Tink does automatically
restart, the virtual nics can be bridged to inside networks if needed.

Kind regards,

Christian Polzer

On 07.02.2011, at 16:51, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 16:44, Robert Johnson <robert@rowanshire.net> wrote:
>> Advice and guidance would be very gratefully received, but please bear in mind that
whilst I am a pretty good application developer, my networking knowledge generally and proxy
/ firewall knowledge specifically is limited to principals and not practice so if you could
explain the details of any suggestions in detail at a "put this line in this file" type level
I would be eternally grateful.