From Rory Franklin <r...@chillibean.tv>
Subject Re: Upgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.0.1 using MacPorts makes CouchDB inoperative
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:05:27 GMT
Hi Peter,

We had that problem here and found that it was a problem with how erlang was installed. We
got it working by doing the following:

sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants erlang +ssl
sudo launchctl stop org.apache.couchdb

Hope that helps!

Rory

On Monday, 21 February 2011 at 18:52, Peter Bengtson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded CouchDB for Mac OS X (latest version) from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 using macports.
I've done this before without any problems whatsoever. This time, CouchDB won't run at all,
not even after a hardware restart. The logs remain empty, no info anywhere else. The startup
item is installed as it should be, but nothing simply happens.

> Before I start turning my MacBook Pro inside out in earnest, I was just wondering if
anybody else has suffered the same thing?