From Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.be...@utt.fr>
Subject Re: Alternate Authentication Mechanisms
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 18:51:43 GMT
Hi Timothy,

> I'm interested in hearing about any alternatives to the current authentication mechanisms
in CouchDB.  In particular, I'd like to bypass the _users database to base authentication
and access control on existing directories of user and group information (LDAP, Kerberos,
or what-have-you).  Any experience out there?

For LDAP authentification in CouchDB you should have a look at:
https://github.com/chao/couchdb/wiki

I think it already works on Ubuntu but Chao needs some help to get it work on other platforms.

Regards,

Aurélien