From Nikolai Teofilov <n.teofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WinCouch
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:21:30 GMT
 I tested it with two winXP (x86) , one Win7 (x86) and two Win7 (x64) machines...

There was a compile bug that I fixed check this link: https://github.com/koleto/wincouch/downloads
I am going to commit the source latter today here: https://github.com/koleto/wincouch

Cheers
Nikolai

On 14.02.2011, at 17:08, decitre@gmail.com wrote:

> Just went through the thread...
> Is there a chance to have it running on wp ?
>
> Cheers

tests passed except this one! It also depends if the application is running as win services.
But so far it works perfectly.

> Cheers
> Nikolai
>
> On 14.02.2011, at 15:40, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>

>> On 14 Feb 2011, at 13:58, Nikolai Teofilov wrote:
>>
>>> Hei Jan,
>>>
>>> I compile it with wrong switch for all platforms but the GeckoFX is compiled
only for x86 so it crashes on x64 systems. I have already upload another zip file where I
fixed the problem and now it should work as win32 on both x64 and x86 platforms.

>>> Here is the link: https://github.com/downloads/koleto/WinCouch/WinCouch-1.0.zip
>>> I will commit tonight the source on the https://github.com/koleto/WinCouch.
>>
>> This works indeed, great job! :)
>>
>> All tests pass, too, except the changes test ("timeout bar-only") — This is outstanding!
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --
>>

>>> I also reduce the size of the CouchDB binary. The @Dave binaries of the couch
1.0.2 are quite stable so far so i think they could be the next official win release.

>>> The WinCouch should work with any win CouchDB release.
>>> I am going to put an easy way to configure the start url and the windows form
size so it will be quite useful for development of couchapps on windows with HTML5. On can
hide any part of the GUI so that at the end you can get embedded in FF couchapp in a win form.
>>> The code is very simple actually nothing special except some small tricks to
stop the Erlang shell and embed GeckoFX.

@Dave idea instead to find a way to replay to the original thread.

and GeckoFX as a warper fro FF:

with the rather helpful message "Stopped Working". I tried digging for details, but I couldn't
find anything. If you know where to look, let me know :)