From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems with Apache HTTP Server Proxying CouchDB
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:43:36 GMT
"I'm not sure what about the test suite is expected not to work with a
reverse proxy."

It's not so much we expect it not to work, just that we (couchdb devs)
don't run the test suite through a reverse proxy as a matter of course
(and possibly ever) so if it were broken for any reason (ports being
the obvious one, but perhaps odd custom headers, etc) we wouldn't
notice, nor would we necessarily consider it broken.

If you have all the tests (bar config which tests the port) through a
reverse proxy, then that's good news indeed. If you are able to share
the working configuration for that, I'm sure plenty of folks on
channel would be grateful.

B.