From Chad George <>
Subject multiple view requests
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:58:43 GMT
Is there any work being done on getting multiple views in a single HTTP
request. I'm thinking of something similar to the multiple doc API.

I just finished my first significant webapp with couchdb and one of the
things that was a little annoying with a javascript client was all the
nested async callbacks required to get all the data required for a
particular function to process.

Sometimes this was 3 or 4 nested view lookups, and gracefully handling
errors is difficult. It would be much easier if I could pack them into a
single async call to couchdb then handle errors or success just once.

This isn't really a critical feature since it can be done with multiple
requests, I'm not even sure it has the performance benefits that the
multi-doc api has ... but it certainly would be handy to have around when we
need it.

- Chad