From Chris Stockton <>
Subject Re: dbcopy - A faster alternative to replication
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 19:20:49 GMT

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Randall Leeds <> wrote:
> There's definitely work to be done here if you want to get involved. I
> think many people would like a faster replicator. I certainly would!
> [1]
> [2]
> [3]!/solutions/bigcouch
> [4]

Thank you both for the responses. After some discussion we have
decided to make a custom handler to allow RSYNC. Something like
_db_rsync. Right now we have it working with
<server>:5984/<dbname>/_db_rsync, but we fill it would fit better as
<server>:5984/_db_rsync. However I currently am experiencing the same
problem as [1]. It seems having a [httpd_global_handlers] as a
"external" does not work correctly or I am missing a key piece on how
to satisfy the responses it looks for.

Does anyone know how to setup a global external handler?

View raw message