From Chris Stockton <chrisstockto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dbcopy - A faster alternative to replication
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 19:20:49 GMT
Hello,

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's definitely work to be done here if you want to get involved. I
> think many people would like a faster replicator. I certainly would!
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1024
> [2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201101.mbox/%3CAANLkTi=NOsVDRUdYHiUGxQCjDXTNGNMOhPm9Bx=rS5ny@mail.gmail.com%3E
> [3] https://cloudant.com/#!/solutions/bigcouch
> [4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1012

Thank you both for the responses. After some discussion we have
decided to make a custom handler to allow RSYNC. Something like
_db_rsync. Right now we have it working with
<server>:5984/<dbname>/_db_rsync, but we fill it would fit better as
<server>:5984/_db_rsync. However I currently am experiencing the same
problem as [1]. It seems having a [httpd_global_handlers] as a
"external" does not work correctly or I am missing a key piece on how
to satisfy the responses it looks for.

Does anyone know how to setup a global external handler?

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/user@couchdb.apache.org/msg04505.html