incubator-couchdb-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Fabio Batalha Cunha dos Santos <fabio.bata...@scielo.org>
Subject Re: Doubts with multiple keys!
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 19:46:04 GMT
Hi Dave,

That's a great news...

I will re-factor some view to improve the index files.

Many Thanks,
*Fabio Batalha C. Santos*
Colegiado SciELO
www.scielo.org
FAPESP - CNPq - BIREME - FapUNIFESP



On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:59 PM, David Hardtke <david@cloudant.com> wrote:

> Hi Fabio,
>
> I'm assuming the your "value" is the document that you want to retrieve.
>  There is no need to include the document in the view result directly.  Your
> value can be null.  When you retrieve the view you can add include_docs=true
> to the query and it will append the document to your results.
>
> Dave
>
>
>
> On 01/21/11 09:39, Fabio Batalha Cunha dos Santos wrote:
>
>> Now that I know that this is the only way to access same content using
>> different fields "keys", I have one more question.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> I have other view (VIEW A) that bring a lot of info, this view have 3
>> keys,
>> "Subject", "collection", "title" this view could return something around
>> 300.000 registers "depends on the query". If I want to priorize the search
>> for collection instead of subject I must create a new view (VIEW B)
>> changing
>> the order of the key, that is it? probably yes!
>>
>> (VIEW A)
>>
>> {"id":"e5b72d48-5d18-43a8-aef9-27bd46f93fba","key":["Agricultural
>> Sciences","scl","Scientia
>>
>> Agricola"],"value":{"collection":"scl","issn":"0103-9016","title":"Scientia
>> Agricola","subject":["AGRONOMIA"],"publisher":{"_":"S\u00e3o Paulo -
>> Escola Superior de Agricultura \"Luiz de
>> Queiroz\""},"insert_date":"19981016"}},
>> {"id":"317c2636-7e56-422e-9720-f351568acc7f","key":["Agricultural
>> Sciences","scl","Summa
>>
>> Phytopathologica"],"value":{"collection":"scl","issn":"0100-5405","title":"Summa
>> Phytopathologica","subject":["AGRONOMIA; FITOPATOLOGIA;
>> FITOSSANIDADE"],"publisher":{"_":"Grupo Paulista de
>> Fitopatologia"},"insert_date":"20061011"}},
>> {"id":"ea6d6684-a638-4ea6-8035-982ed8dd7326","key":["Agricultural
>> Sciences","scl","Tropical Plant
>>
>> Pathology"],"value":{"collection":"scl","issn":"1982-5676","title":"Tropical
>> Plant Pathology","subject":["FITOPATOLOGIA"],"publisher":{"_":"Sociedade
>> Brasileira de Fitopatologia"},"insert_date":"20080422"}},
>> {"id":"baadd506-9a83-4645-9dba-3c766a7a51b8","key":["Agricultural
>>
>> Sciences","ven","Agroalimentaria"],"value":{"collection":"ven","issn":"1316-0354","title":"Agroalimentaria","subject":["CIENCIAS
>> ECON\u00d3MICAS Y SOCIALES, SOCIOLOG\u00cdA, AGRICULTURA,
>> NUTRICI\u00d3N, ECONOM\u00cdA AGROALIMENTARIA, CONSUSMO DE ALIMENTOS,
>> SEGURIDAD ALIMENTARIA, SISTEMA ALIMENTARIO,
>> ALIMENTACI\u00d3N"],"publisher":{"_":"Centro de Investiagciones
>> Agroalimentarias (CIAAL), Facultad de Ciencias Econ\u00f3micas y
>> Sociales, Universidad de los Andes"},"insert_date":"20030407"}},
>> {"id":"02c01a5c-8986-4533-b390-f8a874ba2e8d","key":["Agricultural
>>
>> Sciences","ven","Bioagro"],"value":{"collection":"ven","issn":"1316-3361","title":"Bioagro","subject":["AGRONOM\u00cdA,
>> BOT\u00c1NICA, ZOOLOG\u00cdA"],"publisher":{"_":"Decanato de
>> Agronom\u00eda de la Universidad Centroccidental \"Lisandro Alvarado\"
>> (UCLA)"},"insert_date":"20050310"}},
>> {"id":"edcf204d-b219-43ba-b565-d6c55f940e40","key":["Agricultural
>> Sciences","ven","Revista de la Facultad de
>>
>> Agronom\u00eda"],"value":{"collection":"ven","issn":"0378-7818","title":"Revista
>> de la Facultad de Agronom\u00eda","subject":["AGRICULTURA Y
>> GANADER\u00cdA TROPICAL"],"publisher":{"_":"Facultad de
>> Agronom\u00eda. Universidad del Zulia "},"insert_date":"20030715"}},
>> {"id":"b9963ad8-7454-4085-a980-375ccacb9fef","key":["Agricultural
>> Sciences","ven","Zootecnia
>>
>> Tropical"],"value":{"collection":"ven","issn":"0798-7269","title":"Zootecnia
>> Tropical","subject":["GANADER\u00cdA"],"publisher":{"_":"Instituto
>> Nacional de Investigaciones Agricolas INIA, Maracay, Venezuela.
>> "},"insert_date":"20041115"}},
>> {"id":"c2c64c77-712e-4e4b-a24d-0c9e81790512","key":["Agropecuarias
>> Sciences","cub","Cultivos
>>
>> Tropicales"],"value":{"collection":"cub","issn":"0258-5936","title":"Cultivos
>> Tropicales","subject":["INVESTIGACIONES
>> AGR\u00cdCOLAS"],"publisher":{"_":"Ediciones
>> INCA"},"insert_date":"20090424"}},
>> {"id":"e20d515c-e912-42c1-979f-1b1058cc499e","key":["Applied Social
>> Sciences","chl","ARQ
>> (Santiago)"],"value":{"collection":"chl","issn":"0717-6996","title":"ARQ
>> (Santiago)","subject":["ARQUITECTURA"],"publisher":{"_":"Ediciones
>> ARQ"},"insert_date":"20011212"}},
>> {"id":"50930791-6632-4fe4-a750-53b6fb64709e","key":["Applied Social
>> Sciences","chl","Bolet\u00edn del Museo Chileno de Arte
>>
>> Precolombino"],"value":{"collection":"chl","issn":"0718-6894","title":"Bolet\u00edn
>> del Museo Chileno de Arte
>> Precolombino","subject":["ANTROPOLOGIA"],"publisher":{"_":"Museo
>> Chileno de Arte Precolombino"},"insert_date":"20081105"}},
>> {"id":"6ec2ffbd-6539-4b66-bbd1-cffae01829c7","key":["Applied Social
>> Sciences","chl","Chungar\u00e1
>>
>> (Arica)"],"value":{"collection":"chl","issn":"0717-7356","title":"Chungar\u00e1
>> (Arica)","subject":["ARQUEOLOGIA"],"publisher":{"_":"Universidad de
>> Tarapac\u00e1<br>Facultad de Ciencias Sociales Administrativas y
>> Econ\u00f3micas<br>"},"insert_date":"20020415"}},
>>
>>
>> (VIEW B)
>>
>> {"id":"e5b72d48-5d18-43a8-aef9-27bd46f93fba","key":["scl","Agricultural
>> Sciences","Scientia
>>
>> Agricola"],"value":{"collection":"scl","issn":"0103-9016","title":"Scientia
>> Agricola","subject":["AGRONOMIA"],"publisher":{"_":"S\u00e3o Paulo -
>> Escola Superior de Agricultura \"Luiz de
>> Queiroz\""},"insert_date":"19981016"}},
>> {"id":"317c2636-7e56-422e-9720-f351568acc7f","key":["scl","Agricultural
>> Sciences","scl","Summa
>>
>> Phytopathologica"],"value":{"collection":"scl","issn":"0100-5405","title":"Summa
>> Phytopathologica","subject":["AGRONOMIA; FITOPATOLOGIA;
>> FITOSSANIDADE"],"publisher":{"_":"Grupo Paulista de
>> Fitopatologia"},"insert_date":"20061011"}},
>> {"id":"ea6d6684-a638-4ea6-8035-982ed8dd7326","key":["scl","Agricultural
>> Sciences","scl","Tropical Plant
>>
>> Pathology"],"value":{"collection":"scl","issn":"1982-5676","title":"Tropical
>> Plant Pathology","subject":["FITOPATOLOGIA"],"publisher":{"_":"Sociedade
>> Brasileira de Fitopatologia"},"insert_date":"20080422"}},
>> {"id":"baadd506-9a83-4645-9dba-3c766a7a51b8","key":["ven","Agricultural
>>
>> Sciences","Agroalimentaria"],"value":{"collection":"ven","issn":"1316-0354","title":"Agroalimentaria","subject":["CIENCIAS
>> ECON\u00d3MICAS Y SOCIALES, SOCIOLOG\u00cdA, AGRICULTURA,
>> NUTRICI\u00d3N, ECONOM\u00cdA AGROALIMENTARIA, CONSUSMO DE ALIMENTOS,
>> SEGURIDAD ALIMENTARIA, SISTEMA ALIMENTARIO,
>> ALIMENTACI\u00d3N"],"publisher":{"_":"Centro de Investiagciones
>> Agroalimentarias (CIAAL), Facultad de Ciencias Econ\u00f3micas y
>> Sociales, Universidad de los Andes"},"insert_date":"20030407"}},
>> {"id":"02c01a5c-8986-4533-b390-f8a874ba2e8d","key":["ven","Agricultural
>>
>> Sciences","Bioagro"],"value":{"collection":"ven","issn":"1316-3361","title":"Bioagro","subject":["AGRONOM\u00cdA,
>> BOT\u00c1NICA, ZOOLOG\u00cdA"],"publisher":{"_":"Decanato de
>> Agronom\u00eda de la Universidad Centroccidental \"Lisandro Alvarado\"
>> (UCLA)"},"insert_date":"20050310"}},
>> {"id":"edcf204d-b219-43ba-b565-d6c55f940e40","key":["ven","Agricultural
>> Sciences","Revista de la Facultad de
>>
>> Agronom\u00eda"],"value":{"collection":"ven","issn":"0378-7818","title":"Revista
>> de la Facultad de Agronom\u00eda","subject":["AGRICULTURA Y
>> GANADER\u00cdA TROPICAL"],"publisher":{"_":"Facultad de
>> Agronom\u00eda. Universidad del Zulia "},"insert_date":"20030715"}},
>> {"id":"b9963ad8-7454-4085-a980-375ccacb9fef","key":["ven","Agricultural
>> Sciences","Zootecnia
>>
>> Tropical"],"value":{"collection":"ven","issn":"0798-7269","title":"Zootecnia
>> Tropical","subject":["GANADER\u00cdA"],"publisher":{"_":"Instituto
>> Nacional de Investigaciones Agricolas INIA, Maracay, Venezuela.
>> "},"insert_date":"20041115"}},
>> {"id":"c2c64c77-712e-4e4b-a24d-0c9e81790512","key":["cub","Agropecuarias
>> Sciences","Cultivos
>>
>> Tropicales"],"value":{"collection":"cub","issn":"0258-5936","title":"Cultivos
>> Tropicales","subject":["INVESTIGACIONES
>> AGR\u00cdCOLAS"],"publisher":{"_":"Ediciones
>> INCA"},"insert_date":"20090424"}},
>> {"id":"e20d515c-e912-42c1-979f-1b1058cc499e","key":["chl","Applied
>> Social Sciences","ARQ
>> (Santiago)"],"value":{"collection":"chl","issn":"0717-6996","title":"ARQ
>> (Santiago)","subject":["ARQUITECTURA"],"publisher":{"_":"Ediciones
>> ARQ"},"insert_date":"20011212"}},
>> {"id":"50930791-6632-4fe4-a750-53b6fb64709e","key":["chl","Applied
>> Social Sciences","Bolet\u00edn del Museo Chileno de Arte
>>
>> Precolombino"],"value":{"collection":"chl","issn":"0718-6894","title":"Bolet\u00edn
>> del Museo Chileno de Arte
>> Precolombino","subject":["ANTROPOLOGIA"],"publisher":{"_":"Museo
>> Chileno de Arte Precolombino"},"insert_date":"20081105"}},
>> {"id":"6ec2ffbd-6539-4b66-bbd1-cffae01829c7","key":["chl","Applied
>> Social Sciences","Chungar\u00e1
>>
>> (Arica)"],"value":{"collection":"chl","issn":"0717-7356","title":"Chungar\u00e1
>> (Arica)","subject":["ARQUEOLOGIA"],"publisher":{"_":"Universidad de
>> Tarapac\u00e1<br>Facultad de Ciencias Sociales Administrativas y
>> Econ\u00f3micas<br>"},"insert_date":"20020415"}},
>>
>>
>> *The questions:*
>>
>> The index files became to large when creating view that represents a huge
>> among of data.
>> Is it the way the things work in couchdb? We could/must have a lot of
>> views
>> that bring mostly the same data just changing the key parameters to
>> perform
>> different queries?
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>> *Fabio Batalha C. Santos*
>> Colegiado SciELO
>> www.scielo.org
>> FAPESP - CNPq - BIREME - FapUNIFESP
>>
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Paul Davis<paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Fabio Batalha Cunha dos Santos
>>> <fabio.batalha@scielo.org>  wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello All,
>>>>
>>>> I'm doing a lot of tests with views with multiple keys. I'd like to know
>>>>
>>> if
>>>
>>>> is it possible to ignore the content of the first key when fetching a
>>>>
>>> view.
>>>
>>>> For example:
>>>>
>>>> I have this view:
>>>>
>>>> {"rows":[
>>>> {"key":["arg","h"],"value":10721},
>>>> {"key":["arg","i"],"value":855},
>>>> {"key":["arg","t"],"value":71},
>>>> {"key":["chl","h"],"value":28129},
>>>> {"key":["chl","i"],"value":2158},
>>>> {"key":["chl","t"],"value":92},
>>>> {"key":["col","h"],"value":13696},
>>>> {"key":["col","i"],"value":1156},
>>>> {"key":["col","t"],"value":96},
>>>> ]}
>>>>
>>>> I'd like to with the startkey + endkey parameter filter the result to:
>>>>
>>>> {"rows":[
>>>> {"key":["arg","i"],"value":855},
>>>> {"key":["chl","i"],"value":2158},
>>>> {"key":["col","i"],"value":1156},
>>>> ]}
>>>>
>>>> Is it possible?
>>>>
>>>>  Nope. If you want to do that you'll need to create a second view with
>>> a reordered key, or a key that doesn't include what you want to skip.
>>>
>>>  Thanks in advance,
>>>>
>>>> *Fabio Batalha C. Santos*
>>>> Colegiado SciELO
>>>> www.scielo.org
>>>> FAPESP - CNPq - BIREME - FapUNIFESP
>>>>
>>>>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message