From He Shiming <heshim...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB suitable as session store?
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:58:58 GMT
Hi,

I've created a beaker extension to use CouchDB as session store
(because my application is already using couchdb under pylons /
python). The beaker library serializes a dict of objects using pickle.
So it's essentially a key (session id) value (serialized content)
pair. My application puts lots of information in sessions. And some of
them are constantly changing during user navigation.

I quickly noticed that a single user can create some 5MB large
documents during like 3 minutes of navigation. After compacting it's
like 20KB. This doesn't look good because it's taking up too much
space and I may need to constantly go to futon to compact it.
Compacting might be slow because of the size.

I was wondering if there's an option for me to compact a particular
document after each time I save?

Or should I just go for redis for session store?

Thanks!
--
Best regards,
He Shiming