From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View oddities
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 00:35:50 GMT
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Thomas Rampelberg <pyronicide@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm on trunk and having some weirdness with views and doc revisions.
> I've got a simple view (map + reduce) that is emit("key", null). My
> URL looks along these lines:
>
> /database/_design/design/_view/my_view?key="key"&reduce=false&include_docs=true
>
> When I do this, after updating all the docs with an _update handler, I
> get old revisions. This persists after doing a db compact and view
> cleanup (and restart of the server). If I add revs=true to the url,
> the view start returning the latest. I'm interested in whether this is
> a design decision or just a bug?

That's sounds like its either a bug of some sort. My first guess would
be that its a caching layer somewhere that doesn't get busted till you
change the URL because I don't think anything in the view system
actually uses the revs query string parameter.

Hard to say without more knowledge on what sort of caching
intermediaries you have setup whether that's internal or external to
couch (if it is indeed caching).