From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions on _changes (again)
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:47:22 GMT
Messing with Couch _changes, trying to understand the inner workings.
Here are some observations:

If I add x documents and delete them and further compact the database,
then it seems that fragments of these deleted documents are still kept
around (for the _changes feed). Is this true?

I have an application that uses Couch as a message queue. Messages are
posted, the _changes listeners pick them up, process them and when
they are done, delete these messages. It looks like the deleted
document fragments are kept around forever. The implications to me is
that the database size is going to grow and grow even after
compaction.

Is there a way to tell Couch only to keep the last x changes?

Thanks,

K.
---
http://twitter.com/pcapr