From bryan rasmussen <rasmussen.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: native support for url-shorteners and qr codes?
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:05:14 GMT
Hi,

I would just like to say as a couchdb newbie I would like some sort of
show functions libraries...

Best Regards,
Bryan Rasmussen
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Wout Mertens <wmertens@cisco.com> wrote:
> QR generator in Javascript + Canvas:
> http://www.cipherbrain.be/wp/posts/main/2010/05/canvas-qr-code.html
>
> QR generator via Google Charts API:
> http://code.google.com/apis/chart/docs/gallery/qr_codes.html
>
> Either of these is trivial to put in design documents or show functions.
>
> Wout.
>
> On Jan 27, 2011, at 4:21 , Keith Gable wrote:
>
>> That's what I'm suggesting. QR codes can store data that's meaningful
>> in a ton of different ways to different people (URLs, contact info,
>> serial numbers, etc.). There ought to be a QR code function in the
>> client-side JavaScript standard library (I don't use CouchDB for
>> CouchApp functionality so I don't use show functions or anything...
>> not sure how the client does any of that), but it would be up to you
>> to define what goes in it. There's not a "standard" way that CouchDB
>> could output the QR code and make everyone happy.
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Nikolai Teofilov <koleto@me.com> wrote:
>>> I am on manufacturing field and I am about to integrated the QR codes as a part
of the production system for tracking the URL to the document in the data base that keep information
about the product with 2D-barcode scanners. There is API for generating uuid-s and I thought
would be nice to have some of the url features as utility APIs integrated.
>>> But actually you are right it is application logic and could be easily implemented
as a show function in a couchapp.