From Thanos Vassilakis <than...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Erlang views
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:28:51 GMT
On my low-end 32-bit windows box, that I have to use as a production
server for the bank I work for,  my views are 4 times faster in Erlang.

I've got gigs of data and over 130 views. The engine javascript started
to crash regularly and was un acceptably slow when rebuilding the views.

I first  moved to first to python (2x faster and no crashes) and then to
Erlang (4-5x faster and no crashes). The speed is great, the system is
in production.

I've no regrets and Erlang saved my ass.

Thanos