From Wayne Conrad <wa...@databill.com>
Subject Using the API to tell if a compact has been done
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 17:49:50 GMT
I've subscribed again, from another email address, because the list
decided that my first subscribtion was a eeeeevil spammer.  I hope
that's OK.  Anyhow...

I've written a cron job that periodically compacts all databases on all
servers, but it needs an automated test, and an automated test needs a
way to know that compaction happend (or, at least, was triggered).
Other than seeing the file size change, is there anything I can do from
the API that will show that my cron job caused compaction to happen?

I'm running 0.11.1.  I can upgrade to a later version if it will make
things easier.

Thanks,
Wayne Conrad