From Matt Ingenthron <ingen...@cep.net>
Subject Re: CouchDB suitable as session store?
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:02:14 GMT

On 1/21/11 7:04 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 9:58 AM, He Shiming <heshiming@gmail.com> wrote:
(snip...)
>> I quickly noticed that a single user can create some 5MB large
>> documents during like 3 minutes of navigation. After compacting it's
>> like 20KB. This doesn't look good because it's taking up too much
>> space and I may need to constantly go to futon to compact it.
>> Compacting might be slow because of the size.
>>
>> I was wondering if there's an option for me to compact a particular
>> document after each time I save?
>>
>> Or should I just go for redis for session store?
>>
> Or memcached.

There is Membase, which provides persistence and replication but speaks
memcached protocol.  It's been put together by a number of the core
memcached guys.

Full disclosure: I am one of them and I work with them, so I'm
admittedly biased. :)

Matt

p.s.: I've also been lurking for a bit, but this was the first oppty I
had to offer some knowledge here.  :)