From e0075...@student.tuwien.ac.at
Subject GeoCouch runtime error druing bbox request
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 20:49:18 GMT
Hello,
my name is Bernhard, I'm new to this community and I hope this is the
right place for my question.

I'm currently writing my bachelor thesis where I have to implement
some kind of geo-wiki (I study geomatics). To accomplish this I would
like to use GeoCouch. I've installed the version I've found on
https://github.com/vmx/couchdb/ (installation notes below) but every
time I try to execute the GeoCouch "hello world" equivalent described
at github ("Using GeoCouch"), I get the following error when I perform
the bounding box request (curl -X GET
'http://localhost:5984/places/_design/main/_spatial/points?bbox=0,0,180,90'):

/opt/couchdb/src/couchdb/priv/couchjs: error while loading shared
libraries: libjs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
[error] [<0.380.0>] OS Process Error <0.1395.0> ::
{os_process_error,{exit_status,127}}

I've tried to reinstall GeoCouch with different configurations and at
different places (currently at /opt/couchdb). I alos tried to simply
copy the libjs.so file to the requested directory, but nothing worked
for me. Now I'm stuck. But I'm sure there must be a simple solution
but I simply don't get it...

I would be pleased if someone could help me
Bernhard

Installation log:
$ sudo su
$ apt-get install build-dep couchdb
$ apt-get install xulrunner-dev libicu-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libtool
$ apt-get install automake
$ cd /opt/
$ git clone git://github.com/vmx/couchdb.git
$ cd couchdb
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure --with-js-lib=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.13/lib
--with-js-include=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.13/include
$ make dev
$ ./utils/run