From Paul Hirst <paul.hi...@sophos.com>
Subject Copying view file between replicated servers
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 09:01:27 GMT
I currently have a setup with two servers running couch replicating a
large database between them. One of them is 'live' in the sense that is
receives all the reads and writes. The other is basically a backup copy.

I just created a new design document with a new view and I just queried
the new view on the backup server in order to trigger an index build.
It's going to take a few hours to build. I don't really want that load
on the live server since it will slow it down too much. I was wondering
if, when the index build finishes, I can copy the view file from the
backup server to the live server. Will that work or are the view files
in some sense server/database specific?

As an aside, I will compact the view before copying it across since it's
likely to be huge after the initial build.

Thanks!
Paul

Sophos Limited, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 991 2418 08.