From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Comparison of MongoDB & CouchDB: MongoDB seems better on insert
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 23:24:11 GMT
Hi Miles,

On 21 Dec 2010, at 00:12, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>> I think the author's comment on slide 35 sums it up pretty nicely:
>>
>> "Of course this is just one (lame) test."
>>
>> Coming up good numbers is hard which means that people with easy ways to make them
come up with bad ones.

> Let's see... 43 slides giving a pretty good overview of the history and state of noSQL
databases (including several that are new to me), and all anybody has commented on was one
slide on an avowedly lame benchmark.

Mohammed asked to verify the insert benchmark numbers, hence the focus on that topic.

> Personally, I thought it was a very informative slide deck, of particular relevance to
a project I'm working on.

I'm in no way discrediting the rest of the slide deck, I just picked up and emphasised a point
the author made him/herself. I haven't had the time to look at the rest of the slides in detail,
but it seems valuable.

> Thanks for the pointer Mohamed.

Thanks indeed!

Cheers