From Svein Helge Grinden <svein.helge.grin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Revision limit per-document
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 10:12:31 GMT
Do you think document versioning is something that will be implemented in future releases of
CouchDB?

On 18. des. 2010, at 10:54, Sebastian Cohnen <sebastiancohnen@googlemail.com> wrote:

> you cannot. revisions are only for concurrency control to handle conflicts when replicating.
If you need a document versioning you need to build that by yourself.

> On 18.12.2010, at 10:45, Svein Helge Grinden wrote:
>
>> How can I set up CouchDB to keep the last 10 revisions of each document after compaction?
>>

>> On 18. des. 2010, at 09:33, Sebastian Cohnen <sebastiancohnen@googlemail.com>
wrote:

>>> just to clear things up: Setting the revision limit doesn't mean that CouchDB
will keep around 10 revisions of each document. If there is no conflict, only the current
version is kept around after compaction.