From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Map/Reduce Question
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 22:32:11 GMT
Mathew,

So, for instance, your view emits keys like:

["Bush", "George", "H", "W"]
["Bush", "George", "W"]
["Clinton", "William", "J"]
["Obama", "Barack", "H"]
["Reagan", "Ronald", "W"]

And you just want both rows with the last name of "Bush"?

Then you'll want to use a range query:

startkey=["Bush"]&endkey=["Bush",{}]

But, you have to URL encode the key parameter values, so it actually
ends up as this:

startkey=%5B%22Bush%22%5D&endkey=%5B%22Bush%22%2C%7B%7D%5D

You can learn more about the query options here:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_view_API#Querying_Options

Cheers,

Zach