From slymak <>
Subject search non-alphanumeric string in attachments
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:09:17 GMT
Using couchdb-lucene-0.5.6 I want search for non-alphanumeric chars like
&DBID or DSN=PDUTL01.L#@TP11.PFU.PFLOUT, in attachment.
I think I have problem set up right analyzer for index. Analyzer "keyword"
could do it.

Creating index like:
    "fulltext": { "analyzer":"keyword",
        "by_name": {"index":"
                    function(doc) {
                    var result = new Document();
                    for(var a in doc._attachments) {
                             } return result;}"

and query like
curl  -X GET  "

I got same result as asking only for dbid. (In my db are 660 matches for
DBID and only 4 matches for &DBID)
  "q": "default:dbid",
  "plan": "TermQuery(default:dbid,boost=1.0)",
  "etag": "3f0238ac3d3b1",
  "skip": 0,
  "limit": 3,
  "total_rows": 660,
  "search_duration": 5,
  "fetch_duration": 0,

I tested whitespace analyzer too. It should be case sensitive. In my case it

Any idea please what I'm doing wrong?
thanks slymak