From Shenouda Bertel <shenou...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB Carts and Orders Best Practice
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:04:54 GMT
Dears CouchDB Users,

    kindly, this tis my first official share after subscribe to CouchDB
Mailing List.

    I Would Like to ask for the Best Practice to Implement Shopping Carts in
CouchDB,
    in my application i can the Cart Model (Items).

    in the upcoming scenarios, any added item will be added to the document
and save the document which is a huge behavior and may have inconsistent
items.

    - As an array property of items in Order Document, which will carry the
items added to this Order
      which will create lots of orders that is not purchased, and didn't
have accurate numbers of Completed Orders.

    - As an array property of items in User Document, which will have that
added items to that User.
      in my case, the user will have a limited numbers of items, for example
in Conference Registration the user will buy only one Pass and one
reservation for Hotel if he likes.
      also in this case i will have multiple time of User Document Save in
every time Item added or changed.

    - As a separate Document for Cart which will have the items added to
this card and belongs to a user.

    - to add the cart items in memory and when checkout and creating an
order, will going to add the items in the memory to the items property in
the order Document.

   What is the best practice for the carts implementation with CouchDB,
which save the performance of the application, with less requests to CouchDB
and without several saving of the CouchDB Document.

Thanks,
Shenouda Bertel