From Anand Chitipothu <anandol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions for View Keys
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 02:55:31 GMT
2010/12/7 King Huang <kchuang@ucalgary.ca>:
> Hi,
>
> I have a view whose view keys are currently of the following form:
>
> [k, x, y, z]
> [k, x, y, 0]
> [k, x, 0, z]
> [k, x, 0, 0]
> [k, 0, y, z]
> [k, 0, y, 0]
> [k, 0, 0, z]
> [k, 0, 0, 0]
>
> There are multiple values for k, x, y, and z, and x, y, z can be undefined (represented
by 0 here).

> What I want to be able to fetch are, given k, x, y, and z, all the view rows with (key
and (x or 0) and (y or 0) and (z or 0)). I'm having difficultly coming up with an appropriate
view key structure where the view rows will be sorted in a manner that allows me to select
that. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You can do that in two ways.

1. Query for all possible combinations. [k, x, y, z], [k, x, y, 0],
[k, x, 0, z], [k, x, 0, 0], [k, 0, y, z], [k, 0, y,  0], [k, 0, 0, z],
[k, 0, 0, 0].

2. Query for k and write a list function that filters the required values.

Anand