From Pradeep Gowda <prad...@btbytes.com>
Subject Running Couchdb on hardware with limited memory (64MB RAM)
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:10:28 GMT
I'm considering putting CouchDB on a ARM processor based single board computer
running Debian Linux for logging instrument data. The SBC has 64MB of RAM.

I read on the CouchDB blurb that Erlang, the language used to write CouchDB was
designed to run on hardware that were far less capable than today's
desktop/server class
hardware.

Is there any setting that needs to be changed to make it embedded
hardware friendly?
For eg: MySQL comes with `my-small.cnf` which is optimized for leaner hardware.

Is CouchDB configured to be frugal out of the box?

Thanks,
Pradeep Gowda