From Alexander Bolotnov <abolot...@gmail.com>
Subject schema-driven data entry UI
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 22:06:45 GMT
Hi,

Is there a tool (I suspect something like this exists for SQL databases)
that will allow me to define a schema and build a data-entry UI that users
will fill out to push data to couchDB? Or nothing has yet been created in
this field and I have to write something by myself. Perhaps, something like
this may exist for python or ruby but I couldn't find anything.

Ideally, this would look like this:

   1. I define a data schema (XML or anything, that's not important how)
   something like:

Name, Short description, Color, Image (attachment).

It does not have to support data types, length, image size or any other
validations.

   1.

   There is UI that will display fields of each of the data fields that
   users can fill out and click a button.
   2.

   A document is created in couchDB.

Futon does not seem to suit here since it's data entry process is schema
free, besides, I haven't figured how to attach files in it and I don't want
to users to learn all the woodoo.

Many thanks for all your ideas on this.
Alexander Bolotnov
www.gorizont-zavalen.ru