From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject RE: Doubts with start and end keys + descending=true
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:49:22 GMT
You quite literally need to flip your startkey and endkey, so you'll need to query with ?startkey=[%22arg%22,{}]&endkey=[%22mex%22]&descending=true

Nils.
Van: Fabio Batalha Cunha dos Santos [fabio.batalha@scielo.org]
Verzonden: woensdag 15 december 2010 21:24
Aan: user@couchdb.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: Doubts with start and end keys + descending=true

Now the descending parameter is working but I'm still not having the
expected result.

For example:

1. Results from arg to mex in ascending mode.
http://fabiobatalha.couchone.com/scieloorg/_design/couchdb/_view/article_date?startkey=[%22arg%22]&endkey=[%22mex%22,{}]

the result have arg,chl and mex keys. That's ok!

2. Now flipping. Results from mex to arg in descending mode.
http://fabiobatalha.couchone.com/scieloorg/_design/couchdb/_view/article_date?startkey=[%22mex%22]&endkey=[%22arg%22,{}]&descending=true

the result have only keys = "chl". That isn't ok, I was expecting mex, chl
and arg in the descending mode.

Other Example:

1. Results with keys = arg
http://fabiobatalha.couchone.com/scieloorg/_design/couchdb/_view/article_date?startkey=[%22arg%22]&endkey=[%22arg%22,{}]

the result is a list with key = arg. That's ok!

http://fabiobatalha.couchone.com/scieloorg/_design/couchdb/_view/article_date?startkey=[%22arg%22]&endkey=[%22arg%22,{}]&descending=true

In this example I can't just flip the key values once I'm filtering only one
key value "arg"
the result is a empty list with. That isn't ok, I was expecting a key="arg"
list in the descending mode

Thanks,
*Fabio Batalha C. Santos*
Colegiado SciELO