From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: create database from variable
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 01:16:52 GMT

On 6 Dec 2010, at 00:50, Chris Johnson wrote:

> import couchdb
> db_name = strftime("%Y%m%d.%H%M%S")
> couch = couchdb.Server('http://127.0.0.1:5984')
> db.save = couch.create(db_name)
>
> I have tried removing the period as well and that did not seem to work. If I statically
assign a value to db_name as opposed to using a command (db_name = 'abc123') everything seems
to work. Ultimately my goal is to be able to create dynamic databases, so if anyone has any
ideas, I am open.

Databases must start with a lowercase character.

See http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_database_API#Naming_and_Addressing for details.

Cheers
Jan