From N/A N/A <pressley...@yahoo.com>
Subject CouchDB _changes + continuous + Ajax
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2010 14:04:44 GMT
Hi there,

I am trying to use continuous changes of CouchDB + some java script. Using
couch.js, because it is nice and clean template for experiments i manage to
establish a connection to CouchDB and my webapp. Everything is working fine
except one thing. Because the socket is still open, my responseText in ajax is
just appending the JSON answers, so it is getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
With heartbeat of 100, memory usage is growing pretty fast. JSON data transfer
could be really high sometimes and dataloss is not an option for me. One
solution for me was just to use websocket + node.js(or similar). Or maybe to
split() the answer in array and when it reach certain length to reopen the
socket with current sequence of _changes. But this solution is not for my taste
and looks for me like a hack and not like solution. So, if someone is familiar
with continuous changes, is it possible to give me some advice how we can use
continuous changes + ajax without responseText getting so big? Any workaround ?
I prefer to not use websocket stuff(or something), because i prefer to keep
things clean and stick only with CouchDB.

Thanks in advance