From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject Re: Comparison of MongoDB & CouchDB: MongoDB seems better on insert
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 23:12:58 GMT
Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 20 Dec 2010, at 22:32, Chenini, Mohamed wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I found this info on the net at http://www.slideshare.net/danglbl/schemaless-databases
>>

> I think the author's comment on slide 35 sums it up pretty nicely:
>
> "Of course this is just one (lame) test."
>
> Coming up good numbers is hard which means that people with easy ways to make them come
up with bad ones.

Let's see... 43 slides giving a pretty good overview of the history and
state of noSQL databases (including several that are new to me), and all
anybody has commented on was one slide on an avowedly lame benchmark.

Personally, I thought it was a very informative slide deck, of
particular relevance to a project I'm working on.  Thanks for the
pointer Mohamed.

Miles Fidelman