From Chris Johnson <csj...@yahoo.com>
Subject setting up reduce function... error on import
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2010 20:56:16 GMT
I am new to couch and trying to get my arms around the map/reduce
function. I am using exmaples from the web as well as the tutorials in
the O'Reilly book as a guide. I have an understanding of the map
function, but when I try to introduce the reduce function to my file I
get a bad request error when I try to import it.

{"error":"bad_request","reason":"invalid UTF-8 JSON"}

Basically what I am doing is importing a session table from a firewall
into couch and then using a reduce function to count the number of
sessions for a given host. What I have is

{
     "_id" : "_design/example",
     "_rev" : "8-849766ce1eb8eedaa2353a408a3aaaf2",
     "views" : {
         "foo" : {
             "map" : "function(doc){
                 if(doc.in_dstPort == '443') emit(doc.in_dstIP, 1);
             }"

             "reduce" : "function(key, values, rereduce){
                 return sum(values);
             }"

         }
     }
}

I have narrowed it down the to the reduce function but just cant seem to
isolate the issue. I know it is something minor that I am missing.

Thanks in advance for your help