From Mirko Kiefer <mirko.kie...@arcor.de>
Subject Re: LivelyCouch - a framework around CouchDB and Node.js
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:42:37 GMT
Florian,
I just discovered your earlier post.
In your scenario it in fact makes a lot of sense to me that you use
CouchDB's replication to push documents to the server and get them from
possibly other servers. You can do replication on a per document basis
or as far as I know even use a filter function.

Mirko

On 12/10/10 10:53 AM, Nils Breunese wrote:
> Florian Leitner wrote:
>
>> As I never used node.js, I gave it a look just now - and found
>> something rather worrying with respect to my needs: node.js does not
>> support Windows (natively, only via Cygwin), and after checking their
>> mailing list, it seems the developers behind node.js are not planning
>> any support for it, either - and not even much for their "Cygwin
>> port". So, essentially, a LivelyCouch app can only run on Mac and
>> Linux, right? (Not that I like or even support Windoze, but I assume
>> many users of a desktop-based application using CouchDB will...)
> I haven't looked into LivelyCouch, but AFAIK node.js is a server-side thing, so I guess
app end users can run whatever OS they like. If LivelyCouch is about using node.js on the
client side of things, then I might be wrong. :o)