From Neville Franks <s...@surfulater.com>
Subject Re: Simple JavaScript program to connecting CouchDB and reading a document.
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:08:09 GMT

N> Hello to all,

N> I am new to CouchDB and JavaScript.

N> I need a simple java script program for connecting CouchDB database, and
N> reading a document.

N> Please anybody provide the simple program (using java script) to connect
N> and access the CouchDB.

N> Please help me

N> Thanks,
N> Nandha

Hi Nandha,
CouchDB uses HTTP and REST to access the database, so you don't
connect to it as such. If you need to process the document, which you
probably do then you will need to write Javascript code to meet your
requirements.

There is plenty of information on the CounhDB Wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/FrontPage and several books including
CouchDB: The Definitive Guide
http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/index.html which should answer most of
your questions.