From "Brad King" <brad.k...@channeladvisor.com>
Subject MVCC and Compaction on Update heavy DB
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 15:56:30 GMT
Hi, I've been away from couchdb for probably 2 years. The project has
made great strides it appears. My question is around MVCC and
Compaction. We currently run a 4 node PostgreSQL farm. We often
experience problems trying to garbage collect dead tuples (vacuuming),
due to MVCC. Keeping up with this is a big problem in Postgres. I know
this is an entirely different product but, what is the recommended setup
for a similar deployment on CouchDB ? With MVCC, it seems for heavy
update or deletes we could have the same problems. The docs indicate
It's possible to get behind on this and consume all disk. Is there any
guidance on the recommended hardware configuration, max database size,
compaction schedules, etc for a full production deployment that is
update/delete heavy ? Thanks.