From Neville Franks <s...@surfulater.com>
Subject Re: Preferred C/C++ client library
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 19:15:06 GMT
Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 1:02:43 AM, you wrote:

AC> Hello,

AC> Can anyone please point me towards the best API library to use for C or
AC> C++ clients? Pillowtalk seems to be abandoned at an early stage. The
AC> Glib library seems to be more complete, but I can't find any useful API
AC> documentation.

I've not looked at any of the C++ Libs, however they are probably only
a fairly thin layer on top of the REST interface. Inadequate docs are
always frustrating and all too common. Even the CouchApp Javascript
library suffers from this.

Is there any way you can use Javascript and then interface to that
from your C++ code. That's what I'd be trying to do as JS is a better
fit for CouchDB. And yes I'm a C++ dev, but trying to move more to JS.

--
Best regards,
  Neville Franks, http://www.surfulater.com http://blog.surfulater.com