From Wouter van Marle <wou...@squirrel-systems.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB: where does it store it's data?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 07:39:25 GMT
Thanks for the tip....

find -name "*.couch" managed to find these files:

wouter@wouter-desktop:~$ find /home/wouter -name "*.couch"
/home/wouter/.local/share/desktop-couch/contacts.couch
/home/wouter/.local/share/desktop-couch/users.couch
/home/wouter/.local/share/desktop-couch/management.couch

That's good progress.

Ubuntu has a "desktop-couch" server that's running on your desktop
apparently, Evolution uses that to store the contacts.

Now the next problem: Evolution can not open the file from my other user
(username "jenny"), it says "file does not exist". Here the files with
permissions, looks reasonable to me, and it worked until a recent system
update (of some 200 packages or so, no idea which one could be the
culprit there).

-rw-r--r-- 1 jenny users 286809 2010-11-29 15:05 contacts.couch
-rw-r--r-- 1 jenny users   1406 2010-12-01 14:55 couchdb.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 jenny users   4185 2010-09-20 14:05 management.couch
-rw-r--r-- 1 jenny users     79 2010-09-20 14:05 users.couch

OK now two questions:
- any idea why Evolution complains "file does not exist"? (maybe have to
ask that one in another mailling list), and:

- can I export the contacts from this database as something useful
say .vcf files, that I then can import again?

Wouter.