From Wouter van Marle <wou...@squirrel-systems.com>
Subject CouchDB: where does it store it's data?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 03:49:24 GMT
Dear list,

The other day I updated an Ubuntu 10.04 system, and one of the results
is that Evolution's couchdb address book broke totally.

The error it gives: address book file does not exist.

Now I've been looking into couchDB, and trying to find where it locates
its files. From various points it seems it should be in /var/lib/couchdb
but that very dir doesn't exist. I have done "locate couchdb" but it
doesn't find anything outside the /usr and /etc trees with such a name,
and that are not the places to store user data. Also nothing in /home
or /var. Logs also do not exist, and no 'couchdb' to be found grepping
all logs.

On another computer I created a test couchdb address book, which as of
this writing still works. But also on this computer I can not find the
couchdb database files.

Where should I look for them?

Or how to otherwise recover this address book?

Wouter.