From Andy <andrh...@hotmail.com>
Subject simple relationship question
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2010 21:49:11 GMT

I new to couch db and just trying to understand how it works in terms of relationships.  I
understand there are no joins, and it is ok to duplicate data?I'm curious what the best way
is to update an address that is shared between multiple documents, for example here are two
Person Documents that share a common address:{"name": "John Doe", "address": {"street": "123
Main St.", "city": "Minneapolis", "state": "MN"}}{"name": "Jane Doe", "address": {"street":
"123 Main St.", "city": "Minneapolis", "state": "MN"} }I understand how this could be done
in a relational database using FKs.  Thanks