From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: Complex keys and ranges
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 09:26:03 GMT
cdr53x wrote:

> Basicaly I tend to avoid a JVM whever it's possible, but seems that with
> lucene it is not the case. I presume it will  add an extra load to the
> server, and  that we'll run into the usual Java scaling issues wich is
> something we initially wanted to avoid ...

You can run couchdb-lucene on a separate server if you want. Anyway, we are very happy with
couchdb-lucene and I think it's a much more mature solution than multiview, which is still
in development. Also, Lucene can do a lot more than multiview I believe (but maybe you don't
need that extra funcionality).

> It's a pity that couchdb mutiview does not seem to progress, it would be
> a realy nice feature for guys developing "usual management" software
> that basically requires an OR or set query criteria.

I haven't followed its development very closely, but I believe it's still being worked on.
If it's important to you, maybe you could lend a hand?

Nils.
 VPRO
 phone:  +31(0)356712911
 e-mail: info@vpro.nl