From Sivan Greenberg <si...@omniqueue.com>
Subject How to know when CouchDB is under heavy load of document writes?
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:05:23 GMT
Hi List,

 I would like to find a way to know when CouchDB is under heavy load
of document writes, to be able to act on this state. What's the way to
go to achieve this? using _changes or doing anything else that
requires the spidermoney seems a no go and a performance burden when
the db is under very high load. My use case is for example, when the
db is about to be compacted through CRON, I want to disable hits to
the couchdb to make sure the compaction process does not race with new
documents being added.

Your feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Sivan