From Mike Fedyk <mfe...@mikefedyk.com>
Subject avoiding races with concurrent invocations on different couchdb instances... was: CouchDB hosting services and same-domain origin
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:17:43 GMT
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Gabriel Farrell <g@grrawr.com> wrote:
> If you're wondering how to do this for a CouchApp, you might look at
> the setup Mikeal talks about (NodeJS behind CouchDB) at
> http://jsconf.eu/2010/speaker/nodejs_couchdb_crazy_delicious.html
> (especially at around 12:15).

Does he or anyone go into more detail on methods for coordinating
action evocation based on replication (ie, _changes)?  I don't like
the idea of one app hanging off one instance of couchdb.  then you
still have to implement failover detection, etc.  if it starts with
all nodes being active, but maybe the first one starts once it's new,
and the second hits if it's 5 minutes old, etc. or I was thinking of a
distributed queue but in order to take an item off the queue, you have
to "take ownership" of it, and get acks from N other couch instances
to make sure you're not racing with them...

Has anyone thought of this type of stuff and elaborated on it?