From Duc Phan <th4ngn...@gmail.com>
Subject Merge Documents
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:34:52 GMT
Hello again,

Last week I posted a problem about getting documents merged on the same
field.
Few people made some suggestions and ideas such as combine two documents
with same field into one.

Well I run into a situation where I can't combine the documents.
Scenario:

I have documents of two types:
-------------------------
Type: Number
Number : (1-1000)

--------------------------
Type: Person
Name : Some Name
Number : (random number from 1 - 1000)

Its simple to find all the numbers that are used by creating a view of all
the Number with Type = Person.
But, how do I find all the numbers that aren't being used yet?
I can pull up the view of all the numbers and compare those with the used
numbers on client side, but I prefer not to.
Is there a way to create a view for this problem?
Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

BTW. I tried the Collation method and I still don't know how to get the view
I want.